Third session of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) Steering Committee and WSIS Regional Review
The third session of the AP-IS Steering Committee is planned to review the current implementation of the Master Plan 2019-2022 by member countries, ESCAP and partner organizations and discuss emerging trends and technologies which affect the implementation. The meeting will also serve as a platform to share the findings of latest research and analysis, initiate regional policy dialogues, develop regional cooperation initiatives and forge partnerships.
The third session of the AP-IS Steering Committee meeting aims to achieve the below objectives:
- Enhance awareness and knowledge of government officials and partners on latest research, emerging trends and technologies for evidence-based policy-making at national, subregional and regional levels;
- Deepen regional cooperation and policy dialogue in the development and implementation of the AP-IS subregional implementation plans;
- Facilitate information sharing and networking among government officials, academia, private sector and other stakeholders and
- Expand partnerships among government, academia, private sector and civil society organizations for the development of joint initiatives for AP-IS implementation.
The third session of the AP-IS Steering Committee will be held in conjunction with four key side-events, to be led by ESCAP’s Information and Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction Division, in collaboration with ITU and the Internet Society, as detailed below:
- AP-IS Steering Committee, Third Session (26-27 August 2019): Government officials from Ministry of Communications as well as other relevant stakeholders will be invited to attend;
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Committee, Sixth Session (28 August 2019): Participants are invited to attend the opening session of the Committee;
- WSIS Regional Review (28 August 2019): Participants to attend a half-day session on WSIS regional review, led by ITU;
- Asia-Pacific Regional Community Networks Summit (29 August 2019): Participants to attend full-day event, led by the Internet Society; and
- AP-IS Exhibition on ICT for Sustainable Development throughout the week.
The third session of the AP-IS Steering Committee will be held at the United Nations Conference Centre (UNCC), Bangkok, from 26 to 29 of August 2019.
For more information, please visit https://www.unescap.org/events/third-session-asia-pacific-information-superhighway-ap-steering-committee-and-wsis-regional
For any questions, please send to email: email@example.com